If you have short black hair and are looking for a way to add length and volume, tape in extensions on short black hair may be just what you need. In this guide, we'll cover everything you need to know about using tape in extensions, from selecting the right type of hair extensions to proper application and maintenance tips. Whether you're a seasoned pro or new to hair extensions, this guide has got you covered.
I. Selecting the right tape in extensions on short black hair
Choosing the best tape in extensions for short black hair can be difficult, but with the following advice, you'll be able to make an informed choice:
- Selecting the Best Hair Extensions: Tape in extensions come in a variety of styles, including human hair and synthetic hair. Human hair extensions appear more natural and can be styled similarly to your natural hair, but they are more expensive. Synthetic hair extensions are less expensive, but they are less durable and have fewer styling options.
- Take into account the length and texture: Consider the length and texture of your natural hair when choosing tape in extensions. If you have short hair, you should choose extensions that complement your hair length. Choose extensions that complement the texture of your natural hair, whether curly or straight.
- Examine the Color Match: When it comes to hair tape-in extensions, color matching is critical. Extensions that are significantly lighter or darker than your natural hair are not desired. To ensure a perfect match, consult the manufacturer's color chart.
- Seek out high-quality tape-in extensions: Invest in high-quality tape in extensions on short black hair that can withstand washing, styling, and daily use. Look for extensions made with high-quality adhesive tape that will not harm your hair.
- Seek Professional Help: If you're not sure what type of tape in extensions to get or how to apply them, consult a professional hairstylist. They can assist you in selecting the appropriate extensions for your hair type and ensuring that they are properly applied.
Following these guidelines will allow you to choose the best tape in extensions on short black hair and achieve a beautiful and natural look.
II. Preparing Your Hair for Tape In Hair Extensions
The following are some suggestions to assist you in getting your tape in extensions on short black hair:
- Wash your hair completely: Before applying for hair tape-in extensions, you need to ensure that your hair is clean and clear of product buildup. Washing your hair fully is required. To get rid of any residue that may be left in your hair, use a shampoo that clarifies.
- Make sure that your hair is totally dry: Before you place tape in extensions on short black hair, you need to make sure that your hair is absolutely dry. You can use a blow dryer to dry your hair entirely, or you can just let it air dry.
- Using a comb with wide teeth, carefully remove tangles from your hair, starting at the ends and working your way up to the roots. Because of this, your hair will remain smooth and free of tangles, which will make it much simpler to put the hair tape-in extensions.
- Using clips or hair ties, separate your hair into sections and section off different parts of your head. Because of this, it will be much simpler to install the tape in extensions on short black hair in a neat and effective manner.
- Make sure you choose the appropriate tape-in hair extensions: Choose tape-in extensions that have a texture and color that goes well with your own hair's natural color and texture. A hairstylist will be able to guide you in making the right choice when it comes to extensions. "Hair extensions are a great way to add length, volume, and color to your hair without damaging it." - Tabatha Coffey
In general, prepping your short black hair for tape in extensions on short black hair requires washing, drying, and detangling it, as well as sectioning it, selecting the appropriate extensions, and putting them in a tidy and ordered manner.
III. Applying And Maintaining Tape in Extensions on Short Black Hair
The Step-by-Step Process of Applying Tape in Extensions on Short Black Hair:
- To get started, give your hair a thorough wash and then dry it. Be certain that your hair is totally free of any oils, products, or residue before you begin.
- Make sections that are relatively small in your hair. Make use of clips to keep the sections in their proper positions.
- Determine which tape-in extension size will work best for each section of your hair before applying them. It is important to check that the width of the hair tape-in extensions is comparable to that of the section of hair.
- On one side of the extension, peel off the backing that was attached to the tape. Position the tape so that it adheres directly to the base of the section of hair, keeping it about a quarter of an inch away from the scalp. Put some serious pressure on the tape.
- Take off the backing that is attached to the tape that is on the opposite side of the extension. Take an additional section of hair and position it so that it covers the tape. This will create a sandwich with the hair tape-in extensions located in the middle of the two sections of hair. To prevent the extension from moving, firmly press down.
- Proceed with the process on each section of hair, starting at the bottom and working your way up.
- To permanently attach the extensions to your hair, you can use a flat iron to do the job. When working with heat, it is imperative that you stay away from the tapes.
Keeping Tape-In Extensions in Place while Using Short Black Hair:
- To prevent your extensions from becoming dry and brittle, it is important to wash and condition your hair with products that do not contain sulfates.
- Use a brush with soft bristles to comb through your hair extensions, beginning at the ends and working your way up to the roots.
- Steer clear of products that contain alcohol because doing so can cause the tape holding the extensions together to degrade.
- It is important to refrain from pulling or tugging on your hair tape-in extensions to avoid causing damage to your natural hair.
- It is important to refrain from applying heat-styling tools directly to the tapes. Before you style your hair, protect it from the heat by using a heat-protectant spray.
- In order to prevent damage to your natural hair from hair extensions, you should have a professional remove and reinstall them every six to eight weeks.
IV. Tips to blend tape-in extensions with short black hair for a natural look
To achieve a natural look when blending tape-in extensions with short black hair, pay attention to detail and use a few key techniques. Here are some pointers to get you started:
- Select the appropriate extensions: Choose tape-in extensions that are the same texture and color as your natural hair. To ensure a seamless blend, look for extensions made of high-quality human hair.
- Trim the ends of the extensions to match the length of your natural hair: After you've applied for the tape-in extensions, trim the ends to match the length of your natural hair. This will contribute to a more seamless and natural appearance.
- To achieve a natural blend between the extensions and your short black hair, use a razor to feather the ends of your natural hair and the extensions. This allows the extensions to blend in with your hair and avoids any harsh lines.
- Style your hair with extensions in place: To achieve a natural look, style your hair with extensions in place. To avoid damaging the extensions, use a curling iron or flat iron to blend your natural hair with the extensions.
- Use hair products that are appropriate for both your natural hair and the extensions. Products containing harsh chemicals or alcohol should be avoided because they can damage the extensions.
- Brush your hair gently, beginning at the ends and working your way up to the roots, with a soft-bristled brush or a wide-tooth comb. Brush gently to avoid pulling or damaging the extensions.
You can achieve a natural and seamless blend of tape-in extensions and short black hair by following these tips, and another small step is to pay a visit to WIGIHAIR and make a purchase!